John Reeve (806) 577-0343 § firstname.lastname@example.org
- work on challenging software projects,
- collaborate with other developers and project stakeholders,
- continue to expand my knowledge of the technologies and techniques I enjoy studying,
- and create projects that are valued by users and project owners.
Back End Development
- Heavy PHP experience, including maintaining legacy PHP code, custom scraping scripts, OOP, etc.
- Deep experience with various PHP OSS packages, especially hand-coding WordPress Templates and Plugins
- Comfortable with light sysadmin duties, including configuring Apache, postfix, mySQL, and provisioning VPS
- experience both with hand written mySQL (some PostgreSQL) and ORMs like doctrine, as well as ActiveRecord
- comfortable with CLI usage and version control software like git
- experience in configuring heroku to serve rails apps
- experince troubleshooting software via logs and debuggers
HTML5, CSS3, and JS. A Zurb-certified developer. Extensive experience integrating 3rd Party APIs. Prefers SASS and ES6 compiled via gulp. Still using underscores and jQuery, but would like to move to React or Angular. Has worked with HighCharts and SVG rendering packages like RaphaelJS.
- responsive design implementation, including Bootstrap/ Foundation style frameworks
- experience with compiled front-end systems like LESS, SASS, and js minfiers
Arlington Public Schools Website - Lead Developer
https://apsva.us/ Public Launch Date: 07/2016
Developed a 40-site WordPress Multisite to serve the Arlington, VA Public Scool's consumer-facing website.
- Developed extenisve custom plugins to allow fine-grained admin access controls for content
- Developed custom functionality to ease adminsitration of all network sites from a single 'main' blogsite
- Wrote software to scrape, clean, and import 70K items from a closed, proprietary Schoolwires system into the correct locations in WP
- Implemented a SAML-based SSO that works across WP Multisites for the 6000+ users of the system
- Designed and implemented a system to interface the user directory and automatic user login controls with a 3rd part ERP
Leapstreet - Solo Developer
https://leapstreet.org/ Public Launch Date: 01/2016
A 3-way marketplace that "connects households that need help with local students who want to earn money." Implemented in Ruby on Rails, it allows parents and children to interact with vetted adults who need chores done.
- Implemented an back end to allow administrators to easily supervise users
- Implementd a braintree-based payment system
- Implemented a messaging system for users to communicate inside the service
- Geolocates users to aid in vetting and selection
Fitzroy Toys - HelloRecess blog
Reworked a complicated theme to help quickly roll out the new Hello Recess news and blog service, a content marketing site aimed improving visibility for Fitzroy's product matching software.
CMS Advertising Group - Teaching Strategies Website
http://cmsadgroup.com/ Completed 3/2014
Built out a CMS to help their marketing department improve sales to the 1.7M unique visitors they get every month, including developing responsive themeing that targets everything from mobile to older IE7.
One Menu - Marketing Blog
http://one.menu/ Completed 11/2013
Created the first marketing blog for the startup TLD domain seller.
MaxCDN - Rebranding Effort
https://www.maxcdn.com/ Completed 10/2013
Helped in the rebranding effort moving from NetDNA to MaxCDN, first by reworking the appearance of their Technical Help system; they liked my work so much that they flew me out to LA to help round out their marketing website rework.
Lead Developer 2013-present
Lead development efforts for web-based projects mostly for government, non-profit, and education clients. Responsible for developing solutions and advising on RFPs. Work ranged from developing WordPress templates and customizing the admin interface to automating content imports to a rails-based web application. 100% remote with onsite client visits.
Developer (Contract) 2013-2014
The Gateway Network
Lead Developer (Contract) 2012-2013
Created marketing and eCommerce sites for a variety of clients, typically WordPress but including a large custom Magento project; integrated services between sites to facilitate easy cross-site content management; selected appropriate technology solutions and implemented projects.
Developer (Contract) 2011-2012
Developer (Contract) 2011-2012
Implemented WordPress sites, including custom PSD to complete themes. Integrated third-party programs such as google maps, mailchimp, and others.
Production Manager 2010-2011
Oversaw the production of 80+ brochure websites, mostly for independent insurance agents. Created a rapid production system. Hired and managed additional employees.